The “IVVQ Avionic System” unit belongs to the “Avionics & Electrical Engineering” department in the Competence Center Platform and Integration – Italy. The department is in charge of providing engineering expertise in the IVVQ Avionic system’s development and test area. It is also part of the Attitude and Orbit Control test, at the System, Platform, Sub-System, and Unit levels.
The department’s duties include the following main activities:
- Participating, with no design authority, in the study, sizing, modeling, and analytical testing phases of AOCS, and DHC solutions.
- Studying the technical documentation required to substantiate and fuel the production, integration, and verification phases of AOCS/DHC solutions.
- Supporting Customers and Interfacing Facilities, in conjunction with the System, hence ensuring the correct technical inputs to identify the AOCS, DHC, FDIR test campaigns and manage them throughout their lifecycle.
- Following from a technical standpoint the procurement of Avionic Units,
- Contributing from a technical standpoint to HW and SW procurement concerning Avionic test, both at the Platform level and at the Avionic Unit level in terms of Solutions/Products.
- Developing and executing the subsystem AIV/AIT phases and validation at the Avionics Test Bench level, including preparation and setup of the simulation environment (DSS models for real-time closed-loop testing, Hi-Fi unit models, acquisition and signal generation drivers).
- Supporting the AIT phases and validation of avionics solutions at the system/platform level, including such operations as launch campaigns, LEOPs, on-orbit testing, and on-orbit maintenance
- Contributing to REX processes in collaboration with other CC branches and other CCs.
The postholder will assist in all the different designing steps of the Avionics Hardware In the Loop (HIL) test environment, including the subsequent phases for Integration, Verification, Validation and Qualification of Satellite Avionics testing, starting from the initial test design phase and test sequence implementation, up to the test execution and final test report/documentation preparation and reviews with customer. The position also encompasses the design, implementation of Avionic and Spacecraft Platform Models.
The proposed job will imply the following duties:
- to support HW units specification and technical management of related procurement
- to study/understand the design provided by AOCS/DHC Design Authority to develop a verification and testing approach
- To develop and write test sequences for AOCS, DHC, FDIR aspects
- To execute the AOCS/DHC/FDIR test and to write the relevant Test Reports
- Avionics V&V activity at Avionic Test Bench (ATB) level
- To develop the Dynamics Simulation SW (DSS) for ATB and to execute the functional test on AVS Units
- AVS special verification facilities Requirements Specification and procurement technical monitoring (e.g. STT EGSE and GNSS EGSE)